Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Well I'm back

Well I back after checking my travel log I traveled 44 hours, sat waiting at Airports, Lunch places, bus stops and piers for 50 hours and made 15 batches of bread. The moral of this story is..... ummmm well you can come up with one.
After my last posts I eventually made in to Tubetube island after my route was changed twice and after one of the roughest trips out I have ever been on- Yes we should have checked to see if there was a strong wind warning and how we we supposed to know if there was a cyclone watch on??? Anyways after 8 hours of waves- 90% of which were bigger than our boat we made it with only a close call. The only casualty was poor mum who was asleep when one wave hit us and was thrown across the cabin landing on our lunch. Some how she wasn't hurt ( I'll let the med students discuss about the relaxation of sleepers or something-thank goodness only 1 reads my blog) but I can't say the same about our lunch. Not that we were too hungry especially while holding the bucket for others to throw up in, but I kept my brekkie down and arrived safely. The worst part of the trip was we only caught 1 fish- an omen of things to come for boat travel. The fish was a small 3 foot Rainbow Runner which are quite nice looking and change their colours quite drastically.
Well Mum caught the flu badly after the boat trip and suffered almost the whole time we were out there- so which ment I was on kitchen duty for the fam. and the translation helpers. Thanks fully I also got the chance to catch many fish and I'll make a couple of on-line albums sometime soon so you all all see my Fish. Well I'm getting square eyes from Computer so I'll be off. And before you ask No I did not see any world cup games besides aus-jap. Neither did I see game 3......

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Caitie,

Tim claims you read his blog... is that true?

Anonymous said...

yes it is...


was that delay convincing??