Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ice chewers

Enjoy chowing down on that bit of ice??? You feel that the best thing in a Macca drink is the ice? But feeling very alone and socially ostracized for doing it. Well fear no longer- there is a support group just for you here. Ice Chewers is a place where you can share you stories, speculate on medical reasons and even share your best recipe for ice

I'll eat any ice I can get hold of, basically. But my favorite is to buy it in a bag from the store - the really clear ice that is usually starting to melt by the time you get it to your freezer. I actually keep a hammer on top of the fridge, and I use the handle of the hammer to keep the ice broken up. I like to soften the ice up with spring drinking water. Sometimes I can't even wait to pour the water, though, I start eating the cubes even before I add water to the (big!) glass I use.

Apparently ice addiction is one way the body tries to compensate for low iron levels maybe you need to get checked out. Anyone suffer from this???

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Apparently pregnant women occasionally crave ice because of the iron levels thing.

Tim said...

and you know this how :D

Simone R. said...

A friend of mine had a serious problem with ice. It got to the point where she always had to be chewing on it. Tricky when you have to go out. Turned out she was quite ill.

Unknown said...

I relate to all of those comments!:(