Monday, June 12, 2006

PNG report 1



Well I'm in ukarumpa, I'd forgotten what PNG roads and transport was like. Wow's this for a pothole? I also had to wait in the hanger for 6 hours for the SIL plane due to a medical evac but I guess you can't really complain about them. So after leaving the Willis's house at 4:45 AM I got to to ukarumpa in the Highlands at 4:50pm 10mins before we weren't allowed to land at this strip. Good to see family again. Of course they drafted me into waitering for the graduation dinner. Lucky i had packed a white shirt but I had forgotten black pants. So it was a mad dash around centre to find some. So I've just been catching up with old friends and tomorrow I'll be going 'gumying' which essentially is floating down rapids in an inner tube.
So anyways It looks like i'll be heading to Port Moresby on wed. Overnighting there and onto alotau on thurs followed by a trip to the island on sat. So hopefully I can get to the TV in moresby before the americans to ensure I catch the Origin. Anyways thats most of my news- I'll try and get a pic of mark up before I leave. I'm trying to post two pics- the 1st one is of ukarumpa to try and give you guys an idea of what it looks like and it situation. Altititude 5300 ft. 2nd is a huge pothole

2 comments:

Scott said...

Hey Timmy,

Those are some great photos - it looks very nice there, save for the road which seems to be for the most part missing.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself and are catching up with friends. Hope your family are well.

Looking forward to more updates.

Tim said...

Yeah good fun- Mark graduated tonight- miracle do happen... When i posted the photos the order was reversed so it should read 1st is pothole 2nd is uka.