Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Indoor soccer

I got asked the other day if I'd ever played indoor soccer... :) I didn't take offence as I'm not currently... but it did make me think about how many teams I have played for... I thought I'd have a go at listing them and giving a quick history of some of the names. Some of which I can't remember the names but I'll put a description of them and try and remember who we played with and maybe some one can remind me of team names.
Started off with The Red team (can't remember name)... this team had Robbo, james d, stevo, ben cameron, nathan (can't remeber his last name) and Jude. This was pretty much a feader team for the Blue team. evntually we added tim jones, matty b and adam b. Eventually this team split in two and we had the Custard chunks as well which i also played on.
Some time later we started Eripmu (Umpire spelt backwards as we had 3 umps on the team) and also 4n20. These teams edded up playing against each other in a grandfinal that went down to a penalty shootout- first ever mixed final at willows ISA.
Then I played for the Knightriders, Los conquistotdores and a couple of other teams. At the time i was also umpire co-ordinator at the centre and re wrote the rules for indoor soccer to be easier to interpret.
Moving centres we then had Ben's team, custard chunks (revived) and the strikers. Wobblies and the warriors. At this time i started the Gumbies- the team was mostly made up of people who were keen on playing but probably weren't quite ready to play in the higher levels. The manager of the time asked what level they were at I replied well they'll be a bit gumby so he stuck that as the team name. They ended up being our main mixed team as the other one folded for a while. Then we started Tim's team (which became Tim's team and the terrible betrayal after I quit) and Capitol. I also played for a couple of mens sides when Capitol and ben's team had a break for a season as kind of an outreach sort of thing.
So I count 15 seperate teams though there were 4 other teams I played on a fair bit but don't remember their names. So yes I have played a bit of indoor soccer. I think my favourite one was when i was playing for a team as a witness and got player of the final for a game of A mixed. However if you asked me for a favourite team hmmm... The old Eripmu was fun as was tim's team but is tough to beat the undeafeated season we had for Capitol.... A mens- soccer off season- so a lot of outdoor players were playing for fitness. :) good time good times

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Has Tim played indoor soccer? That's akin to asking if the Pope is Catholic.