Thursday, February 11, 2010

Follow up on Tim Tebow

I thought I would write a follow up on Tim Tebow. I was just going to post a video but Aaran gets cranky about that. Tim Tebow seems to be a polarising sort of person. People either Hate him or love him. There are some people who are filled with hate whenever he is mentioned. Articles like this one have been written. The irony is he hasn't played past College Level. But I do say he seems to impress me immensely. He has put religion back into discussions, speaking the word of God with his voice and even his face paint and all he does is throw a ball around.
But can I just say I was disappointed by the softness of the Focus on the Family add at the super bowl. But it is well worth going to the Focus on the Family site and watching their full story. I think they have set up the website well.
Now Didn't Jesus tell us "All men will hate you because of me" ?(matt 10:22) Well I had to say I searched for a video of where Tebow got a concussion in Kentucky as refereed to in the video and it took me a while to find a decent one- all the rest celebrated that "That Christian Preacher quarterback finally got what he deserved. " I reckon good on him for preaching what he believes and not backing down. For daring to tell people about a God who gives Hope to the needy, love to the broken. If more of our Christians did that it would be a vastly different place- so I put the challenge out to you- how many of your work colleges know you are Christian? Are you setting opportunities for faith discussions. Or are you quietly sitting back hoping some one might ask you something about the cross you wear hidden under your shirt- or the fish on your car? I see the media attack people who do. How have you been persecuted this week because of your Faith?


3 comments:

Aaran said...

I don't get cranky, more dissapointed that in the hype of being seen they have not presented the christian message clearly. I have similar thoughts on Stable on the strand. That dosen't mean I wouldn't support it (ok I have never been involven in Stable). I think in an effort to be high profile we can often fail to engague the issue. I still think we should do stable

Tim said...

"I was just going to post a video but Aaran gets cranky about that."

Aaran said...
I don't get cranky, more dissapointed that in the hype of being seen they have not presented the christian message clearly

Hmmm i see how those comments go together :D

Aaran said...

Oh, my bad. I thought you meant cranky about the topic. Yeah videos are annoying. I still feel bad for watching them at work. But I have internet at home now so if you put up something worth watching I could do it at home with a clear consience.