Friday, February 19, 2010

Hello is anyone out there

Well due to lack of comments I thought I'd try get a cheap plug/comment. I found this on Izaac's blog about how apparently Google alerts this guy Soulfan (who I'm not going to link to just to see if this makes a difference) whenever some one types in the words Guy Sebastian. Apparently it works. However Andrew Finden isn't too sure. However to make it worth Soulfan's while I'll tell a story about Guy.
I wasn't into Australian Idle at all and was going to AGMF (Australian gospel music festival in Toowoomba) with my sister (who is a big Guy Fan). It was announced he was going to preform but only 3 or 4 songs. I felt quite ripped off as apparently it was a big cost but as Bethany was hugely excited we were there very early (AGMF sold out that day) and had a good view kinda on the side of the stage. Guy arrived in a limo and did a couple of songs and whilst he had a good voice, wasn't too inspiring. He then blew me away announcing- "Well since this is Easter we have to sing some Easter songs that remind us about Jesus our Savior who came to earth to die on a cross for us..."
Now where we were sitting we could see his manager or someone with him and he didn't look too happy about this change of plan. Guy then sent off his guitarist and invited us to join him as he launched into some of my Favourite Hymns. Now I didn't expect him to know The old rugged cross and a few others off by heart but he sang them perfectly. His voice really bought out the emotion in the old Hymns hitting the notes right on. After a few songs he then sang Where angels or whatever that song was called and then went his merry way.
That gave me a huge amount of respect for him and his singing. Firstly that he was prepared to disobey his plans/set and then how well he did know those songs. His short message reflected far better the Easter event we were there for than many of the 'Christian' artists who were there as well who have millions of 'Christian Praise and worship' Cd's sold.
I just thought I'd put that out there- I also enjoyed seeing Jason Stevens in the clip for 'like it like that'
P.S. other people who read my blog need to post more too- if anyone does

4 comments:

Nathan said...

It probably helps if you spell his name right. I got a comment from Soulfan yesterday when I tried it...

Tim said...

Oops :D

Leah said...

It's a pretty common tool actually. I've had commenters before who got to my blog because I'd typed certain names that they had Google Alerts for.

Leah said...

Also, Guy was a worship leader at his church (Planetshakers, I think) for several years before Aussie Idol... despite what we might think about Planetshakers, churches like that usually do at least know the old classics.